To subscribe to The Monastic Way Digital Edition you must first create an account. When you purchase a subscription it is attached to this account and provides us with a way to track who receives the monthly email and has access to this site which guarantees that only paid subscribers who have identified themselves to us participate in the online discussions—an important security measure.
The pdf file for each issue can be printed and downloaded directly from the monthly email you'll receive—so you only need to return
to this website if you want to take advantage of the additional online features offered by The Monastic Way Digital Edition.
Be sure to note your login and password because even if you don't want to access the website regularly you will need to log in to renew a year from now!
Follow these three steps to create an account, verify and confirm it, and order your subscription. We've detailed every step to give our less techy subscribers more confidence. If you still run into trouble, call us at 814-459-5994.
- Go to the registration page.
- Select a username. This is the name that will appear alongside any content you post in the online discussion. It must be unique; the system will alert you if someone else already has a particular username. If that is the case, you must select a variation of the name or a different username.
- Enter your email address. Your email is not visible to anyone else. If you choose to allow other users to contact you via the site-wide contact system (a step that comes later), your email address remains confidential until the time you respond to someone who has contacted you. At that point they will have your email address.
- Enter your First Name and then your Last Name.
- Select the country in which you reside.
- Click on the "Create new account" button.
- Check your email for a link providing you with a one-time login.
- When you click on the link you will be directed to the Reset password page. Click on the "Log in" button to go to your account page.
- Select a password and type it in both boxes. The password strength bar will indicate the strength of your choice. Be sure to note your username and password in a safe place.
- Set your time zone. This is very important so that you can access the daily reflections on the correct day and that the new issue becomes available on the first day of the month.
- Upload a picture if you'd like. This photo will appear with your username when you post content to the site.
- Optional: Tell us your age and give us your phone number. This information is strictly confidential. Your phone number provides an alternate contact in case of a problem with your account.
- Lastly, if you do not want other users to be able to contact you using the site-wide form, uncheck the "Personal contact form" box.
- Click the "Save" button.
A green text box at the top of the page will announce that your changes have been saved. (Note: Clicking the "My account" button under Sister Joan's picture will always bring you back to this page if you need to make changes.)
- Click on the "Add to cart" button.
- Make sure the Qty box has a quantity of one. Select "Checkout."
- Complete your billing information on the secure checkout page. You may pay with a credit card or your PayPal account. If you select credit card you must enter your information and then select "Review Order." If you have chosen to pay with PayPal, select "Review Order."
- If all your information is correct, select "Submit order" to complete your order if you have entered credit card information or to be taken to the PayPal payment page. At PayPal choose to log in to your PayPal account or select the "Don't have a PayPal account?" option to pay via PayPal without using your account.
- As soon as you have completed payment, you are a subscriber and will have access to the current issue. Your 12-month subscription will actually begin with the next full month. You can go directly to monasticway.org on the first day of the month for the new issue or access it via the email you'll receive from email@example.com.